Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cyclamen, Jade and Cat




Here's a commission I did back in January. The top image shows the full piece and the other two show details of the Jade house and Cat. This painting encouraged me to start painting on wood again after having an October show all on paper. The couple that this painting is for requested three things - Cyclamen plant (white flowers), Jade plant, and their black cat with white paws. Other than that it was pretty much free reign. I liked this project because it helped me incorporate new elements (something other than rabbits) with some of my more familiar imagery.

I'm working on another commission right now, but when it's a little closer to summer I'll be ready to take on some more projects. If your interested send me an email!

1 comment:

lsquaredstudios said...

NG!
1) can't wait to see you in 2 weeks
2) love the new painting - fantastic
keep up the good work.
linds