Friday, March 27, 2009

Drawings


I've been wanted to small drawings that were looser and more spontaneous, so I did a bunch of 5x7 drawings on paper that explore similar themes and ideas as my larger more elaborate paintings on wood.
Lake Time Fun, 5 x 7 , Gouache and ink, 2009

I usually use Arches 300lb watercolor paper, but for these drawings I used Rives BFK paper in a soft yellow color. Yellow used to be my least favorite color, but now it's worked it's way in my main color palette! Oh how things change...

2 comments:

lsquaredstudios said...

Fantastic! are these going to be at the show?
I recently have fallen in love with purple which i never really cared for before. maybe its a sign of maturity or something - perhaps too many chemicals

Nicole said...

Yup, there's 16 of these 5x7 drawings all unframed.

Yeah, maybe it is a sign of maturity...I've kind of been doing the same thing with foods too. I like asparagus now (of all things) and I used to hate it before.