Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another Dimension


 "You're traveling through another dimension. A dimension, not only of sign and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Next stop, The Twilight Zone." - Rod Serling

--------------------------------------------------

Gallery 1988 Los Angeles
presents
"Another Dimension"
May 20th - June 4th  |  www.gallery1988.com
--------------------------------------------------

Here are my pieces for the show. I enjoyed watching the episodes for inspiration, but I ended up focusing my paintings on the Twilight Zone in General. I have to admit though that I didn't watch the show much when I was younger because it freaked me out!

 Into the Twilight Zone, 11 x 11, Gouache & Ink on Wood, 2010

 Creating Another Dimension, 11 x 22.5, Gouache & Ink on Wood, 2010

I imagine that the Twilight Zone was created by some crazy science experiment gone wonderfully wrong. If your in the LA area stop on by or check it out online when the art goes live!

The reception is May 20th, 7 - 10pm.

3 comments:

Carla said...

oh wow! those are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole!
Genny and I got "Creating Another Dimension" for Rick's birthday - he loves it! He's working on turning part of our basement into his lab (the other part is the library) and it will hang in one of these two rooms. We couldn't resist the eyeballs :)
Love,
Carol

Nicole said...

Thanks Carol!
Very cool basement...it will fit right in! Good to hear from you.

Nicole