Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oil Painting Workshop


I'm taking a Plein Air Oil Painting workshop this weekend, and boy am I out of my comfort zone. My style of painting is sitting, painting with gouache, watching TV with my cats lounging next to me. I like having the painting on my lap rather than an easel and I discovered that wind + wet paint flying towards my face is not enjoyable on a hot day. BUT this class is a great experience for me and my painting so far is going better than I expected. I'm with a talented group of artists and ones that I'm glad to call my friends.

If your in Hastings, NE tomorrow come on out to Prairie Loft. We'll painting out there all day and there will be lots of activities for people to participate in. Plus, there's a PANCAKE FEED at 10:00. I mean really...just plan on being there!

2 comments:

lsquaredstudios said...

Sounds like a delightful way to expand your art horizon. Who is teaching it?
See you soon!!!

Patty said...

T'was lovely spending the weekend with you in the wind and the sun -and the rain.