Friday, December 03, 2010

Birds + Crystals

"Poof", 5x7, Gouache & Ink, 2010

Here is a little piece I did a couple weeks ago for the Holiday Showcase at Graham Gallery, in Hastings, NE. It is part of my bird + crystal series inspired by a recent trip to a sweet Rock & Gem exhibit.

There was this incredible crystal there, and it just mystifies me how they got it from the site intact without any of the delicate crystals breaking. 


I also got some bird seed to incise some birds to my porch, so far I haven't been able to identify what kind they are but they are super adorable and make me smile (and my cats tail flick with keen interest!).

This painting and the others in the series are available at Graham Gallery till the end of the month.

1 comment:

lsquaredstudios said...

first - Your rock, your art rocks (ha ha)
second - I'm really loving these "process posts/inspiration posts" it is so interesting to me to see you take something from your travels and turn it into art. LOVE IT