Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spring & Things


Lots of fun Springy things have been happening lately. I've been enjoying watching my flowers and herbs grow a little bit everyday. This Icelandic Poppy has been hanging out for about a week and finally opened up!


This is also my first year starting a herb garden. These little herb-babies started coming up and then I realized that I probably should not have dumped the whole packed of seeds in one pot. Oops...I'll thin these out as they come up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Our home opens up in back to a bike trail with park, and ducks really enjoy the little waterway. Matt took some really great photos with a telephoto-lens. Here's a few photos....baby ducks are so cute, I mean really, seriously, super-duper cute...



Half the time you can't even see their heads, they're too busy eating away!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Then there's the baby squirrels that were investigating our porch, checking out the bird seed I spilled and just about everything else they can get into. 



 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt also had his birthday last Friday so we had a grand time celebrating that!
Here is a lemon cake I made for the occasion.
 


No comments: