Monday, May 21, 2012

Camping + Birthday Weekend

Last weekend Matt and I went off for our first camping adventure of the year to Indian Cave State Park near Brownville, Nebraska. Good times were had despite the abnormal amount of ticks and various bugs (seems like a mild winter = massive amount of creepy crawly's). Here is a photo montage of our little outing.

Toshi's all smiles in our yellow tent. He's the kind of dog that wants to watch a few ants, then catch some shut eye, and then go for a car ride in air conditioning.

Oh watermelon, you're my pal forever. 

Hmmm, Instagram photo of Poloroids, I'm in the camera matrix.

Memorial Day weekend is the big opening for the state parks, but the little gift shop/museum was open and I got to add to my patch collection. (I didn't know that some parks had these little patches and so I got a rather late state collecting them...someday I will have them all!)

..............................................................................................................
 
We celebrated Matt's birthday as well! Here is a cake I made for the occasion. I used gluten-free strawberry cake recipe with a few alterations (I didn't know what Earth Balance was so I just threw in a stick and half of butter and called it good). Also cream cheese frosting is a fav around here so I made that instead of the recipe's glaze.



1 comment:

Identity Unknown said...

Looks so much fun!


http://tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk/


xx