Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Tree Fort Reading Club

As summer draws near I think of of my grade school days of hanging out at the pool and camping with my family (both of which I still love to do), but another aspect of the season that I loved was the summer reading program at our local library. Read so many hours and you get a little prize pack and certificate (can't really remember what the prizes were?), but I as always so excited to start logging my hours.

Reading is certainly a pretty common theme in my work these days, rabbit reading in a hammock or badger curled up with a good book. I love how reading can reveal wonderful adventures and worlds (currently reading The Wheel of Time series by Jordan), same goes with a favorite movie (finally watched the newest production of Adventures of Tin Tin and LOVED IT.) or video game (currently loving Xenoblade Chronicles).

Tree Fort Reading Club, 3.25 x 3.25 inches, Gouache & Ink on paper,
© Nicole Gustafsson 2012

Fox sure made herself a little spot to catch up on a good book. So far she's the only one in the Tree Fort Reading Club, but I'm sure that her other friends will join :)

This original painting is available in my shop. SOLD


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming up this Friday are the openings of two group show's that's promised to be so gooood!


Freestyle 50/50 at Screen Ink in Lincoln, NE
Come join us for the reception May 4th, from 7 - 11pm.

Meme show at Gallery 1988: Melrose in LA, California
Celebrate the wonders of the internet, reception May 4th, from 7 - 10pm 


1 comment:

Cindy D. said...

This is too cute. I love the limited color palette. Such a sweet little scene. I want a cozy little reading tent!