Friday, July 25, 2014

Archimedes Gallery at Cannon Beach, Oregon

This week I had the pleasure of visiting Archimedes Gallery at Cannon Beach, Oregon. I started showing at Archimedes a year ago and ever since moving to Washington it was my goal to go see the gallery in person! The area was full of galleries and cute shops, and Archimedes is located on the 2nd story and has a great view of the ocean and area.

 Blaine Fontana created the "Open" and "Shut" signs for the gallery


Prints by Jeremy Fish in the windows. I was so excited about seeing everyone's artwork there that I forgot to take pictures of my own work there at the gallery.

Artwork by Roland Tomayo (left), and paintings by Martin Hsu (right).

This shelf was full of wondrous creatures by Leslie Levings and Shing Yin Khor's recent show "Dubious Beasts". They were so brightly colored and awesome, I wanted to take them all home with me.

This mixed media piece "Musalliendo" by Leslie Levings particularly stole my heart.

Prints on wood by Kristin Tercek aka Cuddly Rigor Mortis. That pup in the corner with a t-bone steak makes me smile every time.

I am so pumped to be part of the gallery since it opened last year, and look forward to their next big event for Stormy Weather Arts Festival this November. I plan on being there for part of it and will let everyone know the details on that when it's available.

You can also visit Archimedes Gallery online at www.archimedesgallery.com

.........................................................................................................................................

You can't visit Cannon Beach without checking out the beach! It started out quite a rainy/misty morning, but by the afternoon the sun was shining. Love watching people out and about, having a good time.

 Same exact area in these two photos above! Just different weather in a matter of hours.

Cannon Beach, Oregon - Haystack Rock (and basketball hoop to the left too!)


No comments: