Friday, January 02, 2015

New Year - New Solo at Gallery 1988

I couldn't be happier to be starting 2015 off with a solo at Gallery 1988! "Pop Terrariums"  will feature over 25 original paintings (and a few prints) illustrating some of my favorite video games, tv shows, and films of mostly the 80's and 90's. Ever since I saw my first terrarium, I was in love with the idea of a little enclosed world in a glass container. I applied my love of worlds in pop culture with the contained spaces of terrariums to bring you "Pop Terrariums".

"Pop Terrariums"
Artwork by Nicole Gustafsson
Opening Reception January 10th, 7-10pm
Show runs through the month of January

At Gallery 1988 (East)
7021 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA

I will be there in attendance at the opening on January 10th, so stop on by and say "hi" if you are in the area. There will be a little goodie for the first 30 people to come in person to the opening :)



Here are a few sneak peeks of works in progress. All the works in the show are handpainted with gouache and ink on wood panel. The entire show will be online at Gallery 1988 after the opening!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, that's a neat idea, the little world under the glass!