Tuesday, December 28, 2010

For the Birds

Bullfinch, 3x3, Gouache & Ink, 2010

For the last month or two, lots of little birds have been visiting our porch (now identified as Dark-Eyed Junco's thanks to facebook friends and their sweet bird identifying skills). The porch is right next to where I paint and do my design work so I've been really enjoying their fluttering about.

Purple Finch, 3 x 3, Gouache & Ink, 2010

Northern Saw-Whet Owl, 3 x 3, Gouache & Ink 2010

 I've since bought and received (thanks!) bird books to use for reference, and needless to say birds will be my new subject matter for a while!

These three little feathered friends were given as x-mas gifts. I really enjoyed painting these and might include some in an upcoming show at Prairie Winds in Grand Island this April.

No comments: