Tuesday, September 13, 2011

NEW! Sculpted Pins/Brooches

Every once and a while I get a hankering to do some sculpting 3-dimensional work. This is one of those such occasions when brainstorming ideas for creations this upcoming fall/winter season

So making their grand debut today are my sculpted pins/brooches based on characters from my paintings. In case you didn't notice I am very excited for fall and Halloween!

 They are sculpted from polymer clay, then baked in the oven. Next they are hand-painted and sealed.



I wanted to do a sculpted version of Toshi our Shiba Inu, but then the cats felt left out so I did a Ragdoll/Siamese mix to represent our cat. I feel quite attached to these, little reminders of my pet kids... so I'm opening up a Custom Pet Portrait listing in my shop to cater to the pet lovers out there.

A variety of sculpted pins plus the Custom Pet pin/brooch are available in my Etsy Shop.

No comments: