Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Please Post Bills at Gallery 1988


This Thursday at Gallery1988 Melrose opens an amazing show tributing the comedic legend Bill Murray!

Please Post Bills
An Art Tribute to Bill Murray
Opening Reception November 3rd, 7 - 10pm
November 3 - 26th
7020 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles CA

When getting together ideas for my piece to contribute to the show, I couldn't decide on just one Bill Murray performance. There are TOO MANY wonderful movies and characters that he has brought to life...so ended up picking my favorite Murray moments.

All My Murray's, 8 x 13 inches, Gouache & Ink on paper, © Nicole Gustafsson 2011 SOLD
Movies Featured: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, The Darjeeling Limited, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Caddyshack, Groundhog day, Ghostbusters series, Meatballs, Stripes, The Man Who Knew Too Little, Garfield.

I think Caddyshack was my first Murray love, with Ghostbusters, Meatballs and Life Aquatic coming in close behind. What's your favorite Bill Murray movie or comedy sketch?

All My Murray's (detail), © Nicole Gustafsson 2011
All My Murray's (detail), © Nicole Gustafsson 2011
All My Murray's, © Nicole Gustafsson 2011
I'll leave you with a quote from Bill Murray's character in Caddyshack.

"This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion ... He's on his final hole. He's about 455 yards away, he's gonna hit about a 2 iron I think ... IT'S IN THE HOLE!" - Carl Spackler

2 comments:

Christina Escamilla said...

omg I love this!

lsquaredstudios said...

Nicole,
Your level of detail is so amazing. I'm impressed and love watching you grow as an artist!
L