Monday, February 25, 2013

New work and projects!

I've been a little quite this last few weeks but it's becuase there's been lots of fun stuff happening. First up I celebrated my birthday and my guy got me a wonderful cake from our favorite local bakery Le Cupcake. The bakery does amazing gluten free cupcakes and you can order special GF cakes from them too.



Mochi hopped up on my lap and wanted to enjoy some of the cake too, but I shooed him away just after this pic. I also got happily addicted to Ni No Kuni, a wonderful video game on the PS3 during this time too. It's been a long time since I've been so enthralled by a game and it's been a blast.

We have a really great zoo here in Nebraska, and we've been wanting to sponsor an animal for a while now, so Matt surprised me with adopting a Fossa. There are lots of levels that you can pick from for sponsoring an animal, and you get these fun photo and facts sheet on your animal. I can't wait to visit the Fossas next time we are there at the zoo.

Here is a little sneak peek of what I've been focusing on these last few weeks. It's an illustration for a short story that I'm working on with Matt. I'll leave you in suspense a little longer on the subject matter and theme, but here's one of the locations in the story.

I finally got a lightpad to trace my images from the sketch paper to nice paper. I tend to do a lot of erasing when I sketch and it really tears up the paper I like to paint on. I should have got one ages ago, but I wasn't sure if it would work with really thick papers, and it works great!

We were anticipating getting a ton of snow here, but it turned out to be not so much here in our neck of the state. But it was enough for Toshi "the snow plow" to have a great run about and frolic in the snow.

........................................................................................................................

I'm also gearing up for lots of shows happening this Spring and Summer. I'm trying to get a head start and been having fun working on some new pieces. Here are a few sneak peeks of what's to come...



This last one is for a Wizard of Oz themed show coming up at Gallery Nucleus. I had never read the books, so I decided to give it a go and I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the first book, but I really liked it am going on to read the whole 15 book series by L. Frank Baum. 

1 comment:

Jenny De La Torre said...

As always, it's such a pleasure to wander through your blog.