Monday, January 27, 2014

Portland Japanese Gardens

Ever since I found out there was a Japanese Garden in Portland, Oregon, I have wanted to go and see. This weekend was the perfect opportunity and we drove up to see the sights. There is something about an incredibly well tended garden that always calls to me to just move on in and make a little home among the moss and trees. 

Here are a few photos we took of the gardens. It was quite late in the day and the sun was going down, but it was so calm and relaxing. It was nice to see people strolling around and enjoying the garden.









I liked all the different little side rock trails you could take. In the photo above it was fun to have a vantage point over the rock garden.

This is certainly a garden to see in every season. It would be gorgeous in full bloom and lovely in fall colors too. A few plants actually had buds already, and I wanted to tell them "too soon", but maybe it's not.


No comments: