Friday, March 20, 2015

Postcard Correspondence opens at Gallery 1988 tonight!

Tonight is the opening to "Postcard Correspondence" at Gallery 1988 (West). Over 100 artists create postcard sized pieces to share their favorite pop culture locations and adventures. Just from the few sneak peeks I've seen online, I really love what artists have chosen to depict in their pieces.


I love making smaller sized artwork so this show is right up my alley. I had been wanting to paint the iconic dog cafe in the film "Rocketeer" for a long time, so that is what I choose for the subject of my piece.


 "Bull Dog Cafe"
5x7 inches
Gouache, ink on wood panel
©Nicole Gustafsson



Visit www.gallery1988.com for more information on the show and items will be available online at after the reception. There's a grand lineup of art pals for this show so be sure to check it out!


No comments: