Wednesday, October 26, 2011

2nd Annual Bad Dads: Tribute to Wes Anderson

Bad Dads, a tribute show to director Wes Anderson opens this weekend in San Francisco.
Spoke Art has even extended the reception to be both Saturday and Sunday!

2nd Annual Bad Dads: A Tribute to the Films of Wes Anderson
at Spoke Art
Saturday, October 29th: 6pm - 10pm  |  Sunday, October 30th - noon - 10pm
Show will be on display though the month of November.
816 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94109


Margo and Ritchie in the Royal Forest, 7.5 x 12.5, Gouache & Ink, © Nicole Gustafsson 2011 SOLD

Margo and Ritchie in the Royal Forest (detail) © Nicole Gustafsson 2011
Royal Tennenbaums was the very first Wes Anderson film I saw and have since watched it over and over again. There's so many scenes I love but one of my favorites is Margo and Ritchie together in the tent in the living room. It reminded me when I was younger and would set up our tent in the living room and have a camp-out.


---------------------------------------------------------------


Go Team Zissou! 6.5 x 8.75 inches, Gouache & Ink on paper, © Nicole Gustafsson 2011 SOLD
Go Team Zissou! (detail) © Nicole Gustafsson 2011
Go Team Zissou! (detail) © Nicole Gustafsson 2011
 Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is a movie I love more and more every time I watch it.
Every character is so interesting and of course Bill Murray as Zissou is amaaazing!


---------------------------------------------------------------


If your in the San Francisco area check it out. See Spoke Art's website for show and purchase info.

3 comments:

lsquaredstudios said...

Great paintings Nicole! Love the amount of detail in the second.
I remember watching Royal Tennenbaums @ HC. I need to watch some more of his films.
Off to update my netfix queue.
L

hannahbird said...

These are amazing! I wish I were in the area to see them in person! I especially love the Royal Tennenbaums. Awesome work.

Nicole said...

Thank you Hannahbird for the kind words :)

Royal Tennenbaums will always be my *1st* Wes Anderson love!