Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tanuki Time Print on Tiny Showcase


Tonight is the print release of my painting "Tanuki Time" on Tiny Showcase!

Tanuki Time
By Nicole Gustafsson
Limited Edition of 100
6 x 6 inches
$20.00 (Available here though Tiny Showcase)

Tiny Showcase features different artists each week and a portion of the sales of the print goes to a charity of the artists choice. As a pet parent who draws (literally!) so much of my inspiration from my animal companions, I choose Hearts United for Animals as my artwork's charity.

Hearts United for Animals is a national no-kill animal shelter, sanctuary and animal welfare organization dedicated to the relief of suffering. The organization rescues dogs from all over the country and specializes in long distance adoptions. They take creatures who are lost, afraid, hungry or ill and comfort them, give them a warm, soft bed, good food, medical care and most of all, love. $250 dollars from the sale of this print will be donated to the organization.

3 comments:

Jenny De La Torre said...

Hey, Nicole! Beautiful piece! By the way, I was wondering what type of scanner you use to upload your artwork. I've been meaning to get one, since taking pictures with my digital camera often leave out a lot of detail in my images. Thanks! P.S. Seeing you name this piece "Tanuki Time," I think it would be awesome if you did a Japanese folktale series. They have many animal characters which would definitely fit into your area of expertise. ^__^ As always, keep those creative juices flowing! You inspire me!

Nicole said...

Hi Jenny,
I use a large format Epson GT-20000 scanner. It was investment, but I am so much happy with how my images are. (before I had a tiny scanner and sometime's used a camera). I've been thinking about Japanese folktale series...perhaps one of these days! Great to hear from you and happy artmaking!

Jenny De La Torre said...

Thanks! >___< Btw,Love the new look on your page!