Monday, February 17, 2014

Fun times in LA

Journeyed out to Los Angeles a few weeks ago with my sister to be at the reception at Hero Complex Gallery, and have lots of fun while we were there. Here is my iphone documentation of the trip!

First up is the Adventure Show at Hero Complex Gallery! I had a blast and it was wonderful to show with Meghan Stratman.




Signing up some prints! I love the quality of these, they were printed up in house at HCG and they are the same size as the original paintings.


...................................................................................................................

After visiting the gallery to sign prints, we were recommended to stay in the area until rush hour in LA was a little better. We headed on over to The Grove, Farmers Market area.




Saw this adorable terrarium shop right away and was so smitten. I LOVE TERRARIUMS! They are inspiration for so many paintings, and I wanted to take them all home with me. However I wasn't sure how I would get it home in one piece so I didn't get any. I will just love them from afar.

Had dinner at The Fat Cow, which like the name suggests was not a diet joint. But after a day of flying, driving, and getting stuff done was the perfect meal to end the day.

...................................................................................................................

Next up, DisneyLand. Why? Because we never got to go as kids and it's a special treat to finally be able to go as adults and have fun. 



Jungle Cruise is my favorite cheesy ride. Love all the puns and the silliness.


A terrible photo of my all time favorite ride, Pirates of the Caribbean. I love pirate lore and this attraction hits all my favorite notes. I could go round and round on this ride all day.

On Pirate Island, I found all the treasure! Arrrg!

This is the opening to Storybook Land, which it's cuteness is unequal. The miniature houses complete with bonsai trees and succulents are perfect, JUST PERFECT. If they were ever hiring someone to maybe stay there and take care of the plants all the time, just have them call me.

To get an idea of size this house is maybe a foot tall. They are so well done that it's hard to believe they are so small and not real houses.


Badgers house from Wind in the Willows, in small scale.

Toad Hall also from Wind in the Willows. So cute and perfect.

A patchwork quilt of succulents. They said that some of these were even planted by Walt Disney himself back in the day :)

Love you Storybook land, till next time...

This Cars themed area was really well done, the rock sculptures and landscaping was pretty amazing. I'm not a huge fan of the movie series, but they really made the world come to life.



The Jedi Training Academy was the cutest thing I saw, kids were super excited to be there and fight Darth Vader. Soooo cute. 

This Mary Poppins night parade float was really amazing. I loved the bicycling guy in the front, his legs moved and everything. 

.................................................................................................................

There were a lot of arcade, pinball, and fun games that somehow I have never notice before. I love Donkey Kong Junior and so excited to see this arcade machine there.


Gotta love Indiana Jones pinball.

The Penny Arcade area was pretty sweet too. Here I am trying my hand at making Pinocchio dance.

.................................................................................................................

The plants in California I could spend all day looking at. Most flowers were not in bloom because it's winter, but the ones that were were so beautiful.



Adorable palm trees getting a trim. I love palm trees *hug*

.................................................................................................................


We spent a whole day at the San Diego Zoo, and I was in love. The plants, the animals, the care the zoo takes with everything, I was very impressed. So my photo log of that part of the journey gets its own blog post tomorrow. Stay tuned!

No comments: