Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Out and about - Vancouver/Portland

My parents roadtripped from Nebraska to visit us here in Vancouver, Washington and it was the perfect chance to go sight seeing in the area! We had a grand time and here are a few photos of places we visited.

The International Rose Test Garden in Portland was in full bloom and completely blew us away. The beautiful huge rose clusters in the most amazing colors. It was such a nice relaxing stroll in the garden and great to see people out and about just enjoying the flowers.



While we were in the area we had to go to the Portland Japanese Garden, another one of my favorite places to check out. Last time I had been there was in January, so it was great to see the garden so green with spring and summer colors.


I'd been wanting to check out the Multnomah Falls out east of the city, so we head on over there and had lunch at the Multnomah Falls Lodge. I had been distracted by the thought of food as we pulled in and didn't notice the falls were located right behind the lodge. I had to ask for directions at the museum and they gave me a funny look and told me to walk about 10 feet outside and I'd see it! So silly! Needless to say we saw the falls then and got a good look from up on the bridge.





No comments: